Just 1 day after my 7 year anniversary with my company, I will again be taking on a new role (my 5th within the Firm!). Today I confirmed that I will join the Health Systems Institute as a Manager of Operations from May/June of this year. The organization is an entrepreneurial venture within the Firm with the vision of creating the preeminent global forum for health systems leaders across the globe to improve healthcare, including outcomes, performance, access, ... Its signature product is the "
Health Tracker" a subscription service which includes at its core a revolutionary tool which allows leading health systems to understand how they stack up against other regions around the world, and more importantly, why and how they can improve. Further, the organization facilitates conversations between health systems leaders and creates a forum for them to share information & best practices. I'm thrilled to be a part of this venture that has the potential to drastically improve the quality of healthcare across the world.
Initially, I'll be travelling regularly to Washington, DC as I get up to speed and build my network in my new team, but later I'll just be working from home out of Birmingham with some meeting travel.
In addition, Joe has been accepted to a 6 week leadership skills course (SOS) in Montgomery, AL starting Apr-10, so he'll be moving a bit earlier than we originally planned. The good news is that he'll be close to Birmingham so he'll be able to start getting us settled, which will be helpful.
I move later - sometime around the weekend of Apr-24 (when I will move out of my flat!). I start my handover to my successor in my current role already next week! It's all coming together now....
P.S. My thoughts are with the Al-Khudhairi family, especially Ibby and Muhammed as they recover from illness.
P.P.S. Happy birthday, Grandmama
No comments:
Post a Comment